"Own the Turf" Campaign
NOSCA introduces Own the Turf, a national advocacy campaign to galvanize and mobilize school counselors to own the turf of college and career readiness counseling, and to take the lead in establishing a college-going culture in their schools, districts, communities and states.
Join the "Own the Turf" Community
Participants can interact with members of the Own the Turf Community. [gray arrow]
Buy "Own the Turf" Merchandise
This is your exclusive source for Own the Turf merchandise. [gray arrow]
- "Own the Turf" FAQ (.pdf/425K)
- "Own the Turf" PowerPoint (.pdf/1.78MB)
- Eight Components of College and Career Readiness Counseling (.pdf/1.27MB)
- NOSCA Overview (.pdf/342K)
- Destination Equity 2013 Registration Form (.pdf/606K)
What are the goals of the campaign?The goals are to:
- Provide every student with the inspiration, planning, academic preparation and social capital to graduate from high school ready for college and careers.
- Increase awareness and understanding of the value and importance of college and career readiness counseling among school and district leaders, policymakers and the public.
What is "the turf"?
The "turf" is counseling that provides the guidance and support necessary for all students to graduate from high school prepared to enter college and begin careers.
What is the road map?
Working with school counselor leaders, practitioners and counselor educators, NOSCA identified the Eight Components of College and Career Readiness Counseling — defining a focused agenda to ensure a clear, effective path toward the goals.
What are the benefits of signing up?
School counselors who join the Own the Turf campaign become part of a national community of counselors striving to prepare all of their students for enrollment and success in college and the workforce. In addition to receiving the initial Own the Turf Toolkit, counselors will receive updates, tools, and other materials on a regular basis and can join an online community.